Saturday, October 12, 2013

#33 Michigan Blood

On October 6 I joined the staff and nurses from Michigan Blood to work a blood drive in Wyoming, MI. This day I was part of a team that LITERALLY was able to save a life. I have been a blood donor many times over my 40 years. It is so easy to do and it could mean the difference between life and death to a person whom I never met and will never know. Knowing that I could spend a little of my time, give one pint of my blood and possibly save another person's life, I couldn't think of a more special gift. I was assigned the task of working post-donation station. I was there to monitor the donors after they had donated their blood to ensure that they had regained their strength and composure before they left to go about their daily activities. It was so inspiring to see the donors. I met teenagers, adults, senior citizens. They each were there for one thing, to save lives. And do you want to know where I was on Tuesday, October 8? I was in my hometown donating my own blood, saving a life at yet another Michigan Blood Donor Drive. It felt great to know I was able to BE THE DIFFERENCE to another. If you want to help out, Michigan Blood, can use your assistance. They can use volunteers any day of the week. It is easy to do and will fit with any schedule. If you want to get involved contact them at http://www.miblood.org/volunteer/

No comments: