Saturday, October 12, 2013

#32 I-61 Ministries

On Saturday, October 5, I was able to join I-61 Ministries for their Fall Women's Breakfast. This was a day filled with Women and Worship. What a great way to spend a morning. The women who attended this breakfast were treated to Ceci LeBarge from JQ99 (a local Christian Music Station) as the guest speaker. She talked to us about the drawbacks of social media. How we have started to base our happiness in our "status" on social media or how others respond to our posts. She reminded us that our happiness is found by looking up to our GOD and not to what others think of us. It was a pretty powerful speech. That was followed by some beautiful worship music. The I-61 Ministries have one mission "The primary mission of I-61 Ministries is to formulate a community of women who offer support to one another as they search for peace and joy in their lives. I-61 Ministries strive to network women together to share one another’s burdens and offer encouragement through prayer, song, testimony, fellowship and God’s word. Ultimately, it is the focus of I-61 Ministries to “Bind up the Broken Hearted”, as stated in Isaiah 61, by reaching out to women with the gospel message of hope, healing, and salvation." What a beautiful thing to be a part of. I was able this day to work the registration table and assist with clean up following the breakfast. While I thought I was there to help a great organization, it turns out I may have been there to learn from them. I was moved by the amount of peace I felt leaving this day's activity. If you want to feel this kind of peace, if you are searching for somewhere to dedicate your time, please consider contacting them and see how you can be the difference in the lives of women. They can be reached at www.facebook.com/I61MinistriesforWomen

No comments: