Monday, August 12, 2013

#22 Unity Christian Music Festival

For those of you who don't know me personally, I am a CHRISTIAN and I LOVE MUSIC. Music touches me in a way that no other form of art can do. It reaches me on an emotional level and I love it!!! When an opportunity to volunteer at a Festival full of Christians and Music came up, I couldn't turn it away. It was a busy day, but my life is greater for having been there. I met a woman who had lost her mother-in-law and the next day had a mini-stroke. Her husband brought her to one night of the festival after she pleaded. He enjoyed himself so much that the next day they came again. Why you ask??? Because one of the musicians sang a song that resonated with him and he was able to finally grieve for what he lost during that year. Music is powerful. CHRISTIAN MUSIC moves people! I have seen it in my own life and after this weekend, I have seen it in may other's lives as well! Man I love this birthday celebration. For those of you who may wonder, there were 700 volunteers over 4 days that made this event run smoothly. I was but one. If you are interested in being a part of next year's event, they are already gearing up for the event. You can contact them at http://www.unitymusicfestival.com/ Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very sad I missed this one!

Gayle said...

All I can say is AMAZING!!!!!!! Such a neat experience. Next year is coming :)