Wednesday, July 24, 2013

#19 Christian Fellowship Assembly Food Pantry, Allendale, MI

A couple of years ago our Relay for Life committee opted to use canned goods to weigh down our luminaria bags. We needed to find something to do with all those canned goods once our event was over. I have driven by these signs so many times on the way to and from my children's school, that I couldn't think of a better place to send the food we had collected. This time, I got to actually see that food get into the hands of those who could use it the most :) This pantry is operated every week. People are invited to come for a delicious meal. While they are eating, there are volunteers in the pantry filling grocery bags and/or boxes with the foods requested. Each family is given a list of items currently available in the pantry and based on their family size, they can choose which items they would like to have in their home for the week. My job tonight was to fill their bags and boxes as they enjoyed their meals. Did I say how much I LOVE this birthday celebration???? It was so rewarding to know that 40+ families went home with much needed groceries tonight. THANK YOU Christian Fellowship Assembly for letting me be a part. If you would like to help in the pantry, they do this every Wednesday night. If you are not in Allendale, then I suggest you find another food pantry and give a hand there. If you are in Allendale and you want to help then contact Christian Fellowship Assembly at http://www.cfachurch.org/ I found that this link is not as user friendly as some. Trust me, if you contact them at (616)895-7614 they can get you connected to the people in charge of the food pantry. They are waiting for your call :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see where the food goes Gayle! Keep it up you are past the half way mark.

Gayle said...

Thanks Kim :) I can't wait to reach my goal!!!