Saturday, March 9, 2013

#8 Blandford Nature Center - Sugarbush Festival So yes, this just may end up being my SWEETEST birthday yet! Today my adventure took me to Blandford Nature Center. I parked where the volunteers were instructed to park. From there I took a hike through the woods (Yes people it is Michigan in March) and ended up in the sugar shack. The sugar shack is generally used to show guests how maple syrup is made. Today, we took over the back room and made Maple Cotton Candy to be sold as part of this annual festival. Can you stay STICKY????? Yes, that is me covered head to toe in maple cotton candy. I met some pretty amazing people and learned so much about this center. Even bumped into some people from my day job :) The mission of Blandford Nature Center is to "educate, engage and empower our community to become stewards of the natural world that sustains us." The nature center encompasses 143 acres of land and wildlife. The Sugarbush Festival is one of four festivals held annually to raise awareness and funding to continue their mission. If you would like to consider volunteering your time in the great outdoors, contact them at www.BlandfordNatureCenter.org

No comments: