Monday, December 30, 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a year 2013 turned out to be!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had as great a time in 2013 as I did. As we ring in 2014 I wanted to take a moment to say a great big THANK YOU to all of the organizations I got to walk beside in 2013. I learned so much this year. Many of you have asked what I will take away from this year of volunteering. I will take away the fact that each of us can BE THE DIFFERENCE! It doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, old or young. It doesn't matter what your faith is (or even if you have a faith). It doesn't matter what race you are, what ethnic background you have, what gender you are, what socioeconomic background you have. The only thing that matters is that YOU choose to reach out and help someone that could use a hand. It can be your neighbor, your family member, your friend or even a complete stranger. Opportunities to better the life of another person present themselves to us each and every day. I am hopeful that if you have been enjoying my blog this year, you will consider taking action when you see one of these opportunities present themselves in your future. You too can BE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that what I did this year is not the norm. I understand that we don't all have time to volunteer with 40 different organizations. But I also understand that any amount of time that you can spare to help another is time well spent :) I will always remember this year. I will always remember the people I met and organizations I got to learn about. And I will always be looking for ways to BE THE DIFFERENCE. Here's to 2014!!!!!!!!!! May this coming year outshine the year we are about to put behind us. Wherever your journey may take you, I wish you all a blessed, prosperous, love filled new year.

No comments: