Friday, December 13, 2013

#40 American Red Cross

Today I completed my 40th Volunteer Opportunity and reached my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW GREAT DOES THAT FEEL???? I joined the American Red Cross in delivering Holiday Mail for Heroes. Have you ever written a letter or sent a Christmas Card to a soldier or serviceman/woman you have never met? Have you ever wanted to? The American Red Cross offers a program in which you can send the letters to Holiday Mail For Heroes and those letters can be put in the hands of our brave military members. My job today was to assist in this task. By the time I arrived, all of the cards had been sorted into different piles for active military members and any serviceman/woman piles. I joined the American Red Cross Staff and Volunteers and together we loaded into a van, and headed out to deliver these cards into the hands of those brave men and women. We spent nearly two hours handing out Christmas cards to the residents of Grand Rapids Home for Veterans. We got to spend our afternoon greeting them, shaking hands, handing out cards and sharing the Christmas Spirit with each and every one of them. When we finished there, we continued on to the VFW Posts, American Legions Posts and even the Marine Corps Recruiting Office. At each location we did the same. Can you think of a more fitting end to this journey I have been on? I surely cannot. Imagine what fun I had today, spending time with our HEROES, sharing the Christmas spirit and genuinely bringing smiles to their faces. If you want to be a part of this, and BE THE DIFFEFRENCE, in the lives of our American Heroes, then please contact the American Red Cross at http://redcross.org

No comments: